Back to Online Material
URLs for freely available software, data and other online resources dedicated to genetic linkage and association analysis:
General statistical software and resources
- Package for Structural Equation Modelling.
- Mx scripts library
- A compilation of Mx scripts for genetic analyses.
- The R Project for Statistical Computing
- Open source statistical software.
- Rockefeller Linkage Library
- Web resources for genetic linkage analysis.
Linux for windows
- A Linux-like environment for Windows.
Data checking and power calculations
- Graphical Representation of [pedigree] Relationships.
- A program to summarize the contents of pedigree files.
- A website that provides automated power analyses for common linkage and association analyses.
- Power calculator for association studies incorporating gene-gene and gene-environment interactions.
- Power calculation program for multistage case-control genome association analysis.
- A user-friendly program to perform common pedigree genetic analyses, including linkage and association.
- Quantitative trait regression-based linkage analyses.
- Programs for general family-based tests of association.
- Interface to perform family-based analyses for quantitative and discrete traits.
- A program to perform haplotype analysis and related association tests.
- A program to test SNP haplotype associations with qualitative and quantitative traits.
- Software platform tailored for genome association analysis.
- Open-source whole genome association analysis toolset.
Large Scale Genetic Projects
- International HapMap project
- A public resource of human haplotypic variation.
- The Genetic Association Information Network program
- A public-private partnership established to understand the genetic factors influencing risk for complex diseases.
- The Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium
- A collaboration of leading human geneticists to identify genetic variants that influence the risk of eight common diseases.